Monday, September 04, 2006

And so it begins...

My name is Oliver Davies and, currently, I’m in between jobs…

Actually, I’ve got to confess – I’ve been ‘in-between jobs’ since March of this year (2006) when my idea for a web venture ended up costing me a hell of a lot more money than I’d budgeted and succeeded only in taking my company down with it…

And so, after having spent the last five months applying (and getting turned down) for a whole range of game design and production jobs that I’m perfectly qualified for, I decided I might as well start applying (and getting turned down) for some jobs that I have absolutely no experience or qualifications in but which are either:

a) Interesting
b) Weird
c) Just Plain Stupid
d) Massively Financially Rewarding
e) A combination of one or more of the above...

So, today I embark upon my experiment – to apply for 100 jobs that I’m clearly not suited for and see what happens. I won’t be lying on my CV but I may bend the truth slightly to fit my skills to the prospective job!

Who knows where things will end…maybe I’ll land a dream job (something like writing for TV, Film or comics - or perhaps some TV presenting work.) or maybe I’ll end up doing something that I never thought of. Or maybe I’ll just end up with 100 interesting rejection letters…either way, my quest starts here!

And, if you’re reading this and know of a really cool job that you think I should apply for then feel free to email me and let me know about it…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously..
you have cool hobbies man...
freaq