Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Job No.3 - Broadcast Journalist

Since I started so early this morning, I had time today to peruse the job listings and find myself a second job to apply for today...

Looking through the Guardian jobs site, I was truly tempted to apply for the position of Chief Executive of WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts). I feel I have a lot to offer young women across the world and that I could be the 'culturally sensitive, global citizen' that WAGGGS are looking for. The £80,000 salary wouldn't go amiss either and, combined with the promise that I would be the "voice of girls and young women across the globe" it was almost too good an opportunity to pass up on. But it seems you have to apply through a recruitment agency and that somehow takes a little of the fun out of the whole thing...

So...I decided to stick with the TV theme I have going here and applied instead for the position of Broadcast Journalist for ITV, working for Tyne Tees TV in Gateshead. I was most disappointed to find out that the application process took place online and that there was no possibility for me to submit a showreel of my broadcasting talents. However I did tweak my CV to maximise my experience of public speaking and working with TV crews (don't tell everyone but I made a brief appearance on the Richard and Judy show once).

Of course, ITV will just be a stepping stone to hosting the News At Ten on the BBC... :-)

3 comments:

General Disorder said...

"voice of girls and young women across the globe"

You've got my vote!

EastEndLass said...

I want to know why you were on Richard & Judy!

Oliver Davies said...

Ah, the Richard and Judy appearance is a deep dark secret...but it did involve writing...