Sunday, November 05, 2006

Special Update - TFM Interview

Last week's TFM interview is now available to listen to as an mp3 - but, I have to warn you that it's slightly unusual...

Ok, so normally what happens with my TFM interviews is that, about ten minutes before they ring me, I remind myself of the jobs I've applied for in the last week but, aside from that, I don't prepare any notes, I just improvise based upon what I'm asked. However, in the week prior to the interview, one of the jobs I'd applied for was Rap Writer and I was sure that Graham would ask me to tell him a few lines of my rap - so I figured I'd write a couple of lines down so I wouldn't sound stupid!

And, having done that, I thought to myself - why not make some short notes on each of the jobs? It sounded like a good idea at the time but, the end result was that I ended up babbling so much that poor Graham hardly got a word in on his own show (sorry Graham!). If you listen to the interview, you may get the impression that I complete most of it on only one breath!!

So, the bottom line is, I'm going to abandon any attempts at preparation and go back to my old haphazard approach! If you'd like to have a listen, you can do so here: http://www.solsbury-hill.co.uk/tfminterview8.mp3

No comments: