Thursday, January 18, 2007

Update type thingy...

Bit of news to share with you all...

Firstly, the blog was chosen to Website of the Day on yesterday's Steve Wright show (which was nice) and this inspired me to get off my bottom and finally post job no. 75...

Secondly, an American company got in touch to ask if they could include two of my blog entries (Jobs 51 and 52) in an anthology of the best creative non-fiction to be published later this year. So look for me in hardback sometime over the summer!

Well, with all that news shared I feel a strong desire for a big mug of tea (and perhaps a biscuit or two). I'll try and make sure I post at least one job a month from now on...honest!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yesterday's website of the day? today more like, as I just listened to it. So, I will get myself a cup of tea and have a little entertaining read, me thinks....

Oliver Davies said...

I would love to be able to claim this was achieved through a complex experiment in time travel...

However, the truth of the matter is far, far duller.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Ah, well, that's life, eh? Sometimes far duller than what could be.
You should probably ask yourself, if it's worse not having a job or being stuck in a crap job...being in a crap job myself....
But if you want to start up a business, here is my idea for you: Toilet Consultant for Indian Restaurants! Now there is a nieche in the market. Have you ever noticed how crap they are? Even our local, newly fitted out Indian managed to completely mess it up when it came to that bit - I have never seen a worse tiling job!
So, if you get desparate.....

Gill said...

Hope you are going to get paid for your writing!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.