Wednesday, January 11, 2012

E-Flotsam from Google...

Image Courtesy of Scott Cresswell
I have to admit, I'm often bemused by the curious ways in which people find themselves, like flotsam and jetsam, washed up upon the shores of this blog.


I first noticed it the other day, when I was looking at the visitor statistics of the site on statcounter, and saw that I was the number one ranked search result for the phrase 'head of culture job' on Google (which relates to one of my earliest Unsuitable Job applications). A quick scan through my visitor's paths saw that, due to the rather varied nature of the various Unsuitable Jobs I have applied for over the years, you can find me at the head of the Google results in a whole host of areas...


Some of the top-ranked favourites that have sent people my way in recent days are 'Antelope Keeper' (due to Unsuitable Job 14), 'Experienced Sock Designer' (Unsuitable Job 37), 'Rules of bodyguards' (Unsuitable Job 43) and 'Resident Sex Therapist' (Unsuitable Job 76).


I am not quite sure what those people made of the blog when they got here - I find it hard to believe that they got precisely what they were originally looking for - but it's still nice to see such random visitations and I hope, at the very least, it gave them cause for a brief amount of smirkage...

No comments: