Monday, September 25, 2006

Week 3 - Update

This week marked a milestone as my blog was viewed for the 10,000th time.

To be honest, I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that there are that many people out there who want to come and read about my attempts to find employment as a part-time Antelope Keeper or Deputy Director of NASA's Exploration of the Universe Division! Or, perhaps, there's only one person and they've got a really bad memory...

...oh God, what if it's me? Oh well, no time to worry about that...

It was another busy week as I crammed in an another interview with TFM, an article about me in the local paper and lined up an interview (which I'll record tonight) for a Radio 5 show. And, keeping you in touch with my writing ambitions, there's allegedly some possible interest from a broadsheet about me writing something for them. Can't get much vaguer than that, can you! It's all up in the air at the moment so I refuse to feel even slightly excited yet.

I got a rejection letter from Bloomberg this morning regarding the Photo Editor position (very prompt - although it does make me wonder if they even looked at the special 'Pictures of Myself I have recently edited' page of my CV) while I was disappointed to find that the English Instructor position has also been filled. I wrote back to ensure they kept me in mind for future opportunities...

Hi

Thank you considering me for the vacancy – I was terribly disappointed to hear you had found someone for the role as I was really looking forward to the challenge. Would you say it was my lack of hydrolinguistic experience that held me back?

If you have any future vacancies – even for an English instructor for an inland body of water – I’d definitely be interested in hearing from you.

Regards

Oliver.

However, these rejections have failed to quench my enthusiasm; I know there are employers out there who need someone like me. Even if they don't know it yet...

No comments: